HEAT & FROST INSULATORS
Insulators work with a variety of materials to provide thermal insulation to pipes, tanks, boilers, turbines, chiller, heat exchangers, ducts, and hot and cold equipment.
The work is indoors and outdoors and may require use of scaffolding, ladders, work platforms, safety and power equipment. – Safety practices on the job are essential.
- 18 years old and high school diploma, GED or HSED
- Physically capable of performing the trade
- Application Process
- Apply to Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Provide a copy of Driver’s License, Birth Certificate or State ID card
- Provide High School Transcript, GED or HSED score results
- Pass an Accuplacer Test (Arithmetic 51 percentile and Reading 30 percentile)
- Applicants will be interviewed and placed on the applicant list in the order of highest score by combining the Accuplacer Test results with their interview score
Terms of Apprenticeship
- 4 year program
- Combined 6,240 hours on-the-job training and classroom instruction (paid)
- 400 hours of related day school and night school
- First 6 months are probationary
- Wage scale systematically increases throughout the apprenticeship
For More Information:
Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local #127
PO Box 185, Clintonville, WI 54929
Jeremy Wicke, Business Manager
Phone: 715-823-5669 Fax: 715-823-9144
Kirby Ketola, Business Representative
Northern Wisconsin Heat & Frost Joint Apprentice Committee
Organization Management Services
3315 North Ballard Road Suite D, Appleton, WI 54911
Attn: Joyce Kabat
The Labor Management Cooperative Trust fund was created by the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers to promote the Mechanical Insulation industry's highly-professional work and state-of-the-art training.
The members of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers are at the forefront of an increased focus on the importance of properly installing Fire Stopping materials through standardized and proper design, installation, inspection and maintenance.